Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Guest Post with Ella!


Hi! I'm Ella from ellabooxo, a beauty and lifestyle blog written by a girl from London (aka me). Debra has kindly let me guest post on her blog today, so I thought I'd show you the classic 'French' makeup look I wore for pretty much my whole Paris trip last week...

I've never in my life seen a French girl with bad skin or cakey foundation. For my base, I needed something with decent covering powers, but a skin-like dewy glow, so I went for the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser in Alaska (£29), which I can't stop wearing at the moment. I also added a bit of extra radiance by dabbing Topshop Glow in Gleam (£9) liberally onto my "cheekbones" (or lack of).

Of course the look wouldn't be complete without a slick of liquid liner, but first I swept Walk Of Shame from the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette (£22) over my lids and right up to the browbone to cancel out any veins. Then, I took my L'Oreal Superliner Precision Ink (£6.49) and carefully drew out medium-thin feline flicks right next to my lashline. Then I topped of the eyes with sweepings of L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic mascara (£10.99).

Finally, lips. It took quite a bit of deciding to choose which of my reds seemed the most 'French', but in the end I chose the gorgeous true red of Rimmel Kate Moss 111 Kiss of Life (£5.49). It's the tiniest tad deeper in tone than the average red, and definitely suits pretty much anyone - okay it's not going to suit everyone, but if you have dark hair/eyes it's a winner! For a full review see Debra's post on my blog.

Have you tried any of these products? What did you think of the look? If you liked this post, then please follow me on bloglovin/social media for more of this kind of thing. And make sure you check out Debra's post on my blog which went up last Wednesday!



twitter • instagram • bloglovin' 

Hope you guys enjoyed reading Ella's post! I thought it would be fun to include a different kind of post than usual. Don't forget to let me know if you would like to see more of these in the future. Also if you are wanting to do a guest post on my blog email me at debrabrosblog@gmail.com and I will get back to you as soon as I can! Enjoy the rest of your week!

3 comments: